Current Release

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:15 PM
Ok, finished the library, should be ready to use.  Things that I need to do are as follows:

• Create an install: method in the Makefile to install the libraries into /lib/ /usr/lib/ etc... and the headers into /usr/include/
  • Create documentation that will assist people trying to use the library, this includes man pages as well as READ me and comments.
Nov 28, 2008 at 1:54 AM
Still need to fix the documentation issues, but currently there is an install directive in the Make files that work correctly for linux.  Still need to work on the documentation for this library that will help developers using the lib as well as developers wishing to modify the lib.  The other thing that I need to do is change the ssl usage to do dynamic libraries.  This will allow the library to be distributed and not have to be built before use.  There will be two distributions, one as the source and one as the binaries.  Will probably generate a .deb package (mainly cause I use Kubuntu) and also a .rpm for all our yum buddies.

Gonna copy this to two different work items, one for the Docs and one for the dynamic library usage.
Nov 28, 2008 at 1:55 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2008 at 2:03 AM
Click here to go to the work item for the documentation.
Nov 28, 2008 at 2:02 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2008 at 2:04 AM
Click here to go to the work item for the dynamic library usage of ssl.
Nov 28, 2008 at 2:06 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 29, 2008 at 6:53 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.